Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Knitter's Rambling

I have finished one of my toe up socks, (my crayola). 
I did a great deal of split cutting which made progress quite slow. 
The sock fits very tightly.  I had to bind off with a needle three
sizes larger and do a twice worked bind off just to get it to go over my heel. 

I like the sock and enjoyed the pattern, however I think I will stick with top down socks from now on.    The shaping of the toe and heel creates a lumpy look I think-maybe I did it incorrectly.  I have started the second one, the toe went quite fast this time.  I didn't have to use my right hand at all.  I am getting much more comfortable with continental knitting-phew!

One of my friends in my knitting group is from Denmark and her style of continental knitting is quite different.  She is very fast and doesn't have to look at her stitches most of the time.  I like to sit next to her, I want to absorb her knitting speed...


Yard update:

I am sad to say that the baby robins from my previous post did not make it.  The next morning one was gone and the other was dead, I was very sad.  
The baby grackles are very noisy now.  There are so many nests in the three spruce trees out back, that the noise is overwhelming at times.  They should be leaving soon.

I took this picture after a light rain storm.  I love the way my lady's mantle holds the drops of rain on it's leaves.





I also took this picture of my new rose.  It is full of blooms right now.

1 comment:

  1. I am sad to hear about the robins but happy to hear about the continental knitting - yay! I hope it is helping your hand out, painwise. I like the picture of the lady's mantle, water drops are so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete