Monday, October 25, 2010

Cold weather is coming, more time for knitting.

I usually have one knitting project on the go at one time.  At this moment I have 4 projects on the go.  I have to admit it is kind of fun to switch out. 

I am taking a two at a time sock class at The Recycled Lamb.  The first class was quite intense.  I was thinking I would not get the process and wondered if anyone would notice if I slipped out the door and went home.  Finally things started to click and I was breezing along and feeling quite proud of myself.  I held up my work to admire my progress and noticed that both my socks were joined like a crazy eight.  I started looking over at the door again. The teacher came over and I just had to rip back a few rows, she calls it tink, backwards for knit.  The needle I had bought had a burr on the end and it made knitting quite a challenge, (nightmare really), it kept snagging on my yarn.  The next day I went back to the shop and the owner gave me a new needle.  I started to transfer my work over and noticed that all the stitches on the back needle had fallen off and dropped to the bottom, when I turned to investigate all of the stitches on the front fell off.  I had no choice but to rip all the way back.  I mustered my best smile and said, "gee this will be good practice".  Things are going well now and I am ready to start on my big sock, we did a sample first.



Sample


No comments:

Post a Comment