Friday, December 31, 2010

Holiday Highlights



The month of december just flew by.

I wanted to share a few of the things that made it special to me.  Well ok I am posting this so that next year if I reread the post I can relive the fun...

I went to several craft fairs.  I love supporting those that have local artists. I am always amazed by the creativity and come away inspired. The most expensive one was at the Phipps tennis pavilion.  I didn't take this picture but this building is amazing.  On the right is where the tennis courts are.  You can see the glass on the top of the roof and the side not shown in this picture is full of windows. It is so bright and beautiful and always makes me smile.  This was the last year for this one, the mansion and pavilion were sold this year and will be a private residence.  I bought something for my niece here, paid a fortune but it was a big hit. 


The least expensive was at the church of my friend's mother who is 90 years old.  We had a lunch in the same room as the fair.  It was like going back in time.  Lots of crocheted things, jelly, and candy.  I bought some toffee from a woman named Minerva who is also 90 years old.  I think most of the woman were this age or close to it and they were delightfully fun.  I also bought some apple butter which I haven't had since a kid- YUMMY!

I went to a holiday tea with 8 other women at the Hotel Boulderado.  All I can say is wow- the decorations were wonderful and there were carolers wandering around the packed room, it was such a special day, (the food was not that great but the holiday spirit was felt by all).  They had local artists selling their wares in one of the rooms. We of course stopped in and I bought some earrings that I just love.  I also went to the Boulder holiday home tour.   I always enjoy that tour.

 

Hotel Boulderado
 I went to two different holiday concerts.  I have different friends that are members.  One was in the Lutheran Hospital chapel.  I felt like I was in Europe.  I am so glad that they did not tear down this wonderful chapel when they remodeled the hospital.  The acoustics were also great.  Found this photo  HERE




I went to the trail of lights at the Botanic gardens, this year it was warm so we were able to stroll around rather than run.  I forgot my camera so again I didn't take this picture.





I had several family get togethers here.  Our prime rib dinner found us all wearing tupperwear on our heads.  They forgot to bring toys for my niece and so Aunt Debbie brought out the tupperwear and we all joined in the fun. 



Only had time to make two christmas presents this year- a hat for Avery and a ski headband for my friend.  I wrapped the headband with the needles and wrote on the note:  return to designer for final fit and any changes.  Both presents were a hit.  I took a walk with my friend last night and she had the headband on, it was very cold and she said her ears were very warm.

I made a ton of christmas cookies which was fun, however, now I am paying the price- my pants are getting tighter by the day.  I already know what my New Year's Resolution will be...



1 comment:

  1. Wow, you went to all sorts of neat events. I wish you said the Boulderado food was great because that sounds like a really fun event. We almost got married in the Phipps tennis building. We were on the verge of reserving it when our mothers talked us into a more reasonable budget. We saved money but I bet those wedding pictures would have been so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete