Monday, June 14, 2010

The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



Last Friday was quite a day. 

Our friend's went to pick up their son in Como.  He is back from his mtn bike adventure.  Here is a picture of him with his bike on the trip.  The adventure went very well with only one flat tire.  They did rent a u-haul to get throught the hot dessert and they hitched a ride on another hot stretch.  They met very nice people along the way- one gave them money, another group bought them some food.



Back to Friday. 

Our friend's asked us to walk their dog in the afternoon while they were gone.  It started raining so I waited for a break.  We went down there with our umbrella's and started our walk.  Their dog had been attacked by another dog, (he will be fine), the day before and was wearing a collar to keep him from licking his wounds, poor guy, the collar restricted his viewing and he was running into just about everything in his path.  After a short distance one of our neighbors came running out of his house and told us that a tornado and hail were on the way and to take cover.  We ran back to the porch of my friend's house just as it started to hail.  We put the dog in the house and ran up the street to our house to try and save my flower pots.  I could hear the hail hitting the umbrella and the feel of it on my legs was awful.  We put the pots in our shed.  I started to go in the house when I saw Greg on the roof trying to clean the gutters, they were over flowing from all the hail.  After I stilled my heart I reminded him that we were under a tornado watch and to please come down.  The sun came out and I went down to walk the dog again.  We got to the front porch when the tornado siren went off again.  I put the dog, who by this time was very confused, back in the house and ran home.  My friend was home shortly there after and the dog was finally given a proper walk. 

 I heard there were 25 tornado warnings throughout Colorado that day.  My garden has a little damage, many blooms are knocked off but I think most things will bounce back.  Did I mention that I was out cutting my rose blooms with Greg holding the umbrella over me- I also got a few of my peonies before they were hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so glad Greg survived his rooftop adventure! I am glad to hear you were able to save some roses to enjoy. I don't think we realized there were any tornados so close that day.

    ReplyDelete