Saturday, January 9, 2010

Kitchen Progress

Yesterday I had planned to work on Avery's Provence Baby Cardigan.
Greg decided to take the day off to work on the kitchen.  The remodel has been going on since we moved in, (I tell people I live in my husband's hobby).  We bought a home built in 1948 and the kitchen is the original one.  For the four years we have lived here the majority of the kitchen things have been in boxes in the basement.  We haven't had many people over for dinner but when we do we have to go through box after box to try and find one thing, a very big test for one's nerves. 
After taking down the wall between the dining room and kitchen, there is a new row of cabinets in that area.  There are two less boxes in the basement now, my day was spent going through those boxes.  Our pots and pans have a home!
I'm not complaining- I am sewing the pieces together on the cardigan, my least favorite thing in knitting. 
I have a few more boxes to go-no knitting today.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for new cabinets! I am sure it will come together beautifully. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete